Cotton Plus Conservation
CottonCore Plus Conservation board specifications
- High-quality alpha cellulose, lignin free.
- Only natural pigments are used which are fade and bleed resistant.
- Blue wool scale reading of 5 minimum
- Water-soluble extracts are minimal i.e. chloride below 0.05%, suplhate below 0.25%
- Buffered with calcium carbonate
- Passes the Silver Tarnish Test
Core and backing
- 100% cotton fibre
- Free from acid, lignin and sulphur
- Free from Optical Brightening Agents
- Lightfast, blue wool scale reading of 5
- Passes the Silver Tarnish Test and Photographic Activity Test
- EVA Polymer adhesive, contains no plasticisers, pH7.0
- Buffered with calcium carbonate (except Off White and Dull White unbuffered)
- Surface sized (pure non-ionic farina starch)
- Fully complies with FATG Museum level.
Accelerated ageing test
TAPPI T.509 SU68
Unaged - pH 9.2
100 years - pH 7.5
150 years - pH 7.8
200 years - pH 7.8